el Salchichero is located on the Westside of Santa Cruz, California in the Swift Street Courtyard complex.
We are a full service Butcher Shop. In fact we like to think of ourselves as your Community Butcher. In addition to selling locally butchered meats artfully extracted from whole animal carcasses, we have an ever expanding line of fresh and smoked sausages. Depending on which fresh herbs and produce are locally available, we change our sausage offerings with the season.
Our Curing Room has a wide variety of cured meats and salamis hanging which can be viewed from our retail area. We also offer specialty gourmet items and house made condiments along with our pates and rillettes.
gourmet specialty items
A fine selection of Rustichella d’abruzzo pastas-
Katz fine Olive Oil and Vinegar-
- Organic Rock Hill Ranch EVO
- Gravenstein Apple Cider Vinegar
- Late Harvest Zinfandel Vinegar
- Late Harvest Viognier-Honey Vinegar
- Sparkling Wine /aka Champagne Vinegar
- Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc Vinegar
Copper Hill Olive Oils and Balsamic Blends-
*Arbequina Olive Oil
*Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
*Elderberry White Balsamic Vinegar
*Black Current Balsamic Vinegar
products are produced using olives and fruits grown locally in California.
Copper Hill began as a father and son project focusing on sustainable agriculture.
Palo Alto Fire Fighter Pepper Sauce-
- Palo Alto Firefighter Lee Taylor has been growing peppers in the fire station
- back yard since 1994. After each harvest, he would make his famous and
- zesty pepper sauce- which quickly became a hot commodity. Previously
- available only to firefighters in Palo Alto- now you can enjoy the fiery taste
- of Lee’s Pepper Sauce. All proceeds will go to charity.
- Ingredients: Chili Peppers (chili peppers, citric acid and/or distilled vinegar), sugar spices.
Palo Alto Fire Fighters XX Habanero Pepper Sauce-
Jasper’s Pure Maple Syrup- OUT OF STOCK!
Maple Syrup is made by boiling sap gathered from hardwood Maple Trees. Depending
on the sugar content of the sap used, between 35 and 50 gallons of sap are required to
make one gallon of Maple Syrup. This is also the Maple Syrup we use in our Bacon cure
and Breakfast Sausage.
Mugolio Pine Syrup & Santa Cruz Gold Local harvest Honey-
Rancho Gordo Specialty Beans and Posole-
house made condiments
Salchichero Secret Spice-
Sweet & Spicy Plum Compote-
Peach Mostardo-OUT OF STOCK!
BBQ Sauce- Regular and Spicy
Spicy Mustard- OUT OF STOCK!
Horseradish- OUT OF STOCK!
Tequila Pickled Jalapenos-
From The Kitchen
Duck Fat & Lard-
Ragu- OUT OF STOCK!
Ramen Broth and Ramen Pickles-